Check Out: www.EasyStepHorsemanship.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Check Out: www.EasyStepHorsemanship.com

Confidence, Acceptance, Understanding

2 posters

THINK HARMONY WITH HORSES: AN INTRODUCTION BY RAY HUNT

Ivonne
    Ivonne
    Mustang

Number of posts : 437
    Humor : If God is watching us. The least we can do is be entertaining.
    Registration date : 2009-02-08

THINK HARMONY WITH HORSES: AN INTRODUCTION BY RAY HUNT Empty THINK HARMONY WITH HORSES: AN INTRODUCTION BY RAY HUNT

Post  Ivonne Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:48 am

Ray Hunt's theory: To Unite The Horse And Rider Into One Working Unit Of Both Mind And Body

A direct quote from Ray Hunt's book "Think Harmony With Horses":

"My belief in life is that we can all get along together if we try to understand one another. If you find a friend in life before someone else find him you're real lucky. You'll meet a lot of people and have a lot of aquaintances, but as far as having friends--they are very rare and very precious.

But every horse you ride can be your friend because you ask this of them. This is real important to me. You can ask the horse to do your thing, but you ASK HIM; you offer it to him in a good way. You fix it up and let him find it. You do not make anything happen, no more than you can make a friendship happen.

My goal with the horse is not to beat someone; it's to win within myself. To do the best job I can do and tomorrow try to do better. You will be working on yourself to accomplish this, not on your horse. You will work to recognize how you feel toward your horse and how your horse answers you back; how he understands you, and how he takes it.

There shouldn't be any hassle; there shouldn't be a big flare up. Mentally, your horse should not weigh anything. When you ask your horse to do somethiing it should be his idea. This is the goal. In the end, when you ask your horse to do something, he wants to do it, he likes to do it, he understands how to do it, and he does it.

You'll find out when you get this accomplished that you're going to be a horseman. Not that I am one. Someday I hope to be one, but the horse has taught me this. To understand the horse you'll find that you're going to be working on yourself.

The horse will give you the answers and he will question you to see if you are sure or not. So it's the confidence you give him and the understanding; the purpose and the meaning behind what you ask him to do that is going to make the big difference.

As you work with your horse, see how much of this is the horse's idea, or how much of it is all your idea and if he is forced into it. If he's not forced into it you'll see a great attitude. Your idea should become his idea, and when it does, then there will be no drag."
    more later.... howdy stranger
    KigerNGa
    Weanling

Number of posts : 9
    Registration date : 2009-02-17

THINK HARMONY WITH HORSES: AN INTRODUCTION BY RAY HUNT Empty Re: THINK HARMONY WITH HORSES: AN INTRODUCTION BY RAY HUNT

Post  KigerNGa Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:20 am

Oh I just LOVE Ray Hunt. I just got 2 of his DVD's, starting colts and Turnning Loose. He is so good. I so enjoyed the dvd's. My boyfriend is hoping to attend his working clinic next year or this winter in Texas. He was accepted in his April workshop but couldn't get off work Waa so we're hoping to attend his next one.

He understand horses - and boy he don't waste time either, the 2nd day he was on the horse's back!!

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 10:34 pm